Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 10, 11 and Probably 12

Some quick thoughts about extra, unexpected off days.
1.       Off days are great no matter the reason
2.       Golf counts as exercise so I won’t even say yesterday was an off day.  Especially the way I play.  It can be exhausting
3.       It’s early and for me I feel I’m ahead of schedule.
4.       Some say you need to train 2 days for every one day you take off to break even.  I say that’s a bunk of bull-hunky.  If you believe that you are an over-achiever runner.  I am not an over achiever.
5.       If rest is “injury prevention” I am not being lazy.  I am actually just ensuring my highest level of health to maintain training for 14 more weeks.  So three straight days off is actually a good thing!
6.       This ain’t my first rodeo.  It’s my 8th marathon so mentally I know what I’m in for and what training is like.  If it was my first I’d freak out over every run, but now it’s old hat and I feel fine taking days off.
7.       I’ll never really be fully trained.  I lack motivation so I’ll never train the “right way”.  And that’s why I’ll probably never break 4 hours. 
8.       Who cares what time I run it in.  I still get a medal and the cool tin foil blanket!
Back to running tomorrow for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment